- Par Boiled rice -1/4 kg
- Green peas - half of cup (non-obligatory)
- Ginger - 1 inch (chopped)
- Coconut - half of cup (shredded)
- Tomatoes - 3 medium size (chopped)
- Green chillies - 7 (chopped)
- Aniseeds coarsely powdered (optionally available)- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 2 spring
- Onions - 1 big (chopped)
- Channa dal - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard & urad dal- 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 3 tbsp (Chopped)
- Salt for flavor
- Soak rice for 2 hours and grind to a easy batter by means of adding salt.
- The consistency of the batter should be watery.
- Prepare idlies of out this batter.
- Press 2 idlies at a-time the usage of the idiyapam device.
- Now the idiyappam is prepared.
- Heat oil inside the pan and upload mustard, urad, channa dal, aniseeds, curry leaves, inexperienced chillies, ginger & onions separately.
- Add inexperienced peas, salt & saute well.
- Now add the tomatoes & fry till it turns into mashy.
- Add the idiyappam & blend well till it carries with the combination.
- Finally upload coconut & coriander leaves.
- Mix properly & serve warm.
Tips for the recipe - Press the idilies whilst it's miles warm or warm. It is difficult to press once it's far cool. Take care while blending the idiyapam that it ought to no longer get mashed. Cool down the idiyapam completely earlier than mixing it to the tomato aggregate. If the batter is watery then it is simple to press the idiyappam.