Ingredients(for the puttu)
- Puttu flour or rice flour - 1 cup
- a pinch of cumin seeds
- gently salted water
- Sugar to taste
- Coconut - 1/4 - half cup
- Sprinkle the cumin seeds & the salted water to the puttu flour & blend properly.
- Tips for the consistency - I must look crumbled.If u press it tightly, it need to be able to keep it form.When you blend it returned it need to fall loosely like a sand.
- Now fill the puttu maker with one layer of puttu flour & the next layer with coconut. Again 1/3 layer with puttu flour & fouth with coconut.
- Steam the puttu until it's far accomplished.
Tips for the recipe - You can make puttu with either rice flour or puttu flour.Puttu flour flavor an awful lot better than rice flour.
Puttu flour - (soak uncooked rice for 1 hr & pat dry it on wet material until all the water is absorbed. Then powder it right now whilst there's some moisture.)
Kadalai Curry(institution I)
- Boiled black chickpeas - 1-11/2 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Green chillies - three
- Chilli powder - 1/2tsp
- Onions - 1
- Tomato - 1 large
- Sliced coconut
- Oil as required
- Salt to flavor
Dry roast & powder(institution II)
- Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon- 1 inch
- Roast & powder the group II components & hold it apart.
- Heat the pan on medium flame with some oil. Splutter a few mustard & upload ginger garlic paste to it. Fry till the oil seperates.
- Now upload curry leaves, chillies & onions. Fry till onions flip medium brown colour.
- Add tomatoes, salt & chilly powder. Fry until it becomes mashy.
- Pour some water & permit to boil for 10 minutes.
- Now add sliced coconut & the masala powder. Allow to boil for another five minutes.
- Remove from warmness & serve it with hot puttu.