- Split moong dal - half of cup
- Broccoli florets - 10- 15(medium length florets)
- Garlic - five (beaten & finely chopped)
- Onions - 1 small (chopped)
- Curry leaves - few
- Green chillies - five (slitted & chopped)
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard - few pinches
- Pepper corns(optional)- 1/4 tsp
- Hing - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Boil the dal until it becomes mashy.
- Clean the broccoli florets using salty heat water & keep it aside.
- Heat oil within the wok pan on medium heat & splutter some mustard, cumin & pepper corns.
- Then add hing, curry leaves, green chillies & garlic one after the other.
- Roast the garlic nicely. Then upload onions, salt & turmeric powder.
- Fry until the onions flip transparent. Then add the broccoli & retain to fry for any other 5 minutes.
- Finally upload the dal & a few water if wished.
- Remove from range, when the dal reaches the desired consistency & the vegetable is accomplished.
It is easy but tasty & wholesome recipe. This goes nicely with rice & roti.